10:30am – 2:30pm
This workshop offers information, guidance, and strategies for writers who wish to apply to have their work accepted at a writers' conference, whether virtual or in-person. In a safe and supportive environment, we will explore how to:
- choose the right writers' conference for you
- prepare a polished submission
- make a professional impression from submission to attendance
- create a conference plan
- get financial support to attend
- practice conference etiquette: the do's and dont's of both applying and attending
Open to writers of all levels who feel prepared to present their work at a professional writers' conference. Students completing this workshop will be prepared to research, select, and submit work to several literary conferences, and will be well-equipped with the conventions and expectations of attending. A laptop, notebook computer, or iPad is required for this workshop.
Registration closes March 2nd. The registration process:
1) Email AuthorLyzetteWanzer@LyzetteWanzerMFA.com
2) Mention the workshop(s) for which you wish to register
3) You will receive a message about whether space remains in the class. If space remains, you will receive online payment instructions. Do not attempt to remit payment until you receive confirmation that a seat is available.