This six-week workshop is open to writers who are considering applications for—or wish to learn about—creative writing grants, fellowships, and residencies. This workshop will cover:
- The best places to locate opportunities.
- The dreaded Project Statement, Work Plan, or Goals and Objectives question.
- How to demonstrate a rising trajectory (remembering that most people who are awarded grants are on their way up, not already there).
- Using headings and "buckets" to make your statement navigable.
- How to craft clear, concise personal or artist statements. (You'll leave this class with a completed first draft in hand!)
- Why the marketing angle is so important.
- Creating an effective literary resume. (You'll have a nice new one at the end of class!)
Learn more information and reserve your seat at https://www.sfgrotto.org/events/funding-your-creative-writing-project-with-lyzette-wanzer-jan-7/?